Intensive Outpatient Therapy, or IOP, is an evidenced-based treatment model developed to aid individuals needing a level of care that falls between residential or inpatient treatment and standard individual counseling services. We at the Northern Lighthouse, Inc. utilize the Matrix Model approach, which has been proven effective in supporting long-term recovery.
Eligibility for IOP is determined by a mandatory clinical assessment, which is conducted as part of the admission process.
The Matrix Model IOP is open to all individuals requiring substance use disorder treatment. IOP operates over an average of 10-16 weeks, and focuses on skills needed to maintain long-term sobriety while also building a strong support network. These objectives include but are not limited to:
- · Managing urges and cravings to use
- · Understanding the brain chemistry of addiction
- · Finding ways to reduce stress
- · Practicing effective communication
- · Identifying triggers and understanding effective ways to manage them
- · Improving decision making abilities
- · Creating healthy relationships and importance of family education